It seems no matter how hard I try, the house can never be clean enough for Man’s oral fixation. I am constantly picking up bits of nothingness off the floor to make sure he does not put them in his mouth. But let’s face it, those little tiny hands have a way of finding things that mommy doesn’t see, or that she does see but assumes he won’t want to put in his mouth. I can always tell too, as he has this telltale chewing motion… sort of like a cow chewing its cud. I find that I now utter the phrase, “What do you have in your mouth?” as least 1000 times a day.
Here are the top ten items recently found in Man’s mouth (in no particular order):
1) Scotch Tape
2) A bird feather
3) A pebble
4) A nickel (how did he even manage to get it off the floor?)
5) The peel of a garlic clove and a dried broccoli floret at the same time (Maybe he wants to be a chef?)
6) Toilet Paper (lots and lots of toilet paper)
7) An old Band-Aid
8) A piece of his birth announcement (I’m still trying to figure out how he got it off the fridge)
9) The dog’s tail… and foot (though at different times)
10) The memory stick for our camera
What are some of the strange things you have fished out of your little one’s mouth??